Every second matters when workers face IDLH (immediately dangerous to life or health) conditions. An experienced, trained, and ready rescue crew could literally be the difference between life and death. In these situations, it’s important to have a certified partner like SITEX that can offer:
- Dedicated rescue personnel, staged at the entry to your IDLH space, with PPE and rescue gear in place.
- Technicians extensively trained in rescue using supplied breathing air systems including self-contained breathing aparatus (SCBA) and supplied air respirators (SAR).
- Available crews with completed required medical evaluation questionnaires (MEQ).
- Completed fit-test certification (as required by OSHA) for each team member and each potential respirator or mask used.
- Medical training in first aid, CPR, and AED.
Meet OSHA Compliance for IDHL Rescue
OSHA requires that “standby employees must be equipped with the appropriate equipment such as pressure-demand or other positive-pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), or a pressure-demand or other positive-pressure supplied-air respirator with auxiliary SCBA.”
Both workers entering dangerous spaces, as well as standby rescue teams are also required to have proper training. Any person required to wear a respirator must be trained in its purpose, limitations, inspection, and use. Additionally, any emergency rescue standby personnel must know:
- The person to notify for necessary additional assistance
- How to protect themselves against the IDLH atmosphere if an emergency arises
- How to provide emergency assistance
- How to use the appropriate rescue devices as well as communication devices
- Worksite specific procedures developed by the employer
The risks of IDLH conditions are too dangerous to leave to under- or untrained personnel. SITEX offers professionals and equipment that provide not only peace of mind but a positive return on investment. Request a consultation today to explore how our services keep your worksites fully compliant and as safe as possible.
Schedule a consultation today by completing the form on this page.